Stonehouse - Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Our Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made by pressing tree-ripened California blood oranges together with late, fully ripe black olives, a process which captures the sweetness of the fruit and delicate oils from the rind. As always, our olive oils are all first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free!
Bursting with fresh flavor, this oil pairs well with salmon, arugula, winter squashes, sweet potatoes, carrots, mint, sautéed greens, in a fennel salad with or without avocado, duck a la orange, chocolate, lobster or other shellfish. Blood Orange Oil makes a gorgeous vinaigrette, or is beautiful with sweet potatoes and carrots! An incomparable treat.
Harvest Date: Oct 2020 - Jan 2021
Quick Uses & Ideas:
- Cook French toast or pancakes in Blood Orange Oil, or add some to the batter!
- Whisk together Blood Orange Oil, sea salt, White Balsamic or Apple Cider Vinegar, and freshly ground pepper for a tangy salad dressing (staff favorite is mixed greens, roasted beets, walnuts and goat cheese)!
- Drizzle over roasted carrots, sweet potatoes or winter squash and top with freshly cilantro or flat leaf parsley.
- Make Blood Orange Brownies, substituting Blood Orange oil for butter - a delightful combination, especially with dark chocolate.
- For a sweet-and-sugarless breakfast treat, use Blood Orange oil and a pinch of cinnamon on your favorite toast instead of butter and jam.
- Scroll down or visit our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: Dark Balsamic, White Balsamic & Apple Cider Vinegar Chipotle Honey, root vegetables, red onion, carrot, parsnips, endive, pomegranate, goat cheese, duck, chicken, walnuts, hazelnuts, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, baked goods, cardamon, almond flour, chocolate, and caramel.
photo credit © Erin Scott