Stonehouse - Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
We produce our Basil extra virgin olive oil by tossing fresh California basil together with late harvest Mission olives while we are crushing – a 100% natural process that captures and preserves the essence of garden fresh basil in all its complexity. There is no comparison to our citrus and herb oils and oils flavored with concentrates from a lab. As always, our olive oils are first- and cold-pressed, and grown herbicide and pesticide free!
Harvest Date: Oct 2020 - Jan 2021
Quick Uses & Ideas: Drizzle over a Caprese, Greek (or any!) salad.
- Use Basil Oil in your next batch of pesto.
Marinate roasted sweet peppers in Basil Oil for a delectably simple antipasti.
- Roast butternut or delicata squash with Basil Oil and sea salt.
- Drizzle Basil Oil over white beans or pasta just before serving.
- Toss chopped canned Marzano tomatoes and with sea salt and our Basil Oil before nestling onto toasts for easy, fast bruschetta.
- Drizzle over any pureed soup - our favorites are roasted red pepper, tomato, butternut squash, and carrot.
- Visit our Recipe page for more ideas!
Pairs Well With: Lisbon Lemon Oil, any of our Balsamic Vinegars, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, mashed potatoes, bell peppers, oregano, mozzarella, eggs, shellfish, pesto, salmon, lamb, turkey, pastas, soups & pizzas.
10L photo credit © Erin Scott